The Dawn

It was dawn already and she was tightly packed in my arms. She trusted me so much that she let herself effortlessly rest in them. All of her was on me and I couldn't have loved her more! I was looking into her eyes as she softly weighed me down. She was transparent in nature and had nothing in herself to hide. She glistened without jewels and her beauty was of no comparison. Each dawn, without fail, we met; since the day I was a child till that day itself. And even when I had hugged her the whole dawn I still desired her. I was helplessly in love but, even though I was holding on tight, I knew in my heart that she had to go and that I won't be able to stop her.
Every morning she would leave me alone, no matter how hard I tried to make her stay but at dawn with the same freshness she would return back to me, run in my arms at the very sight and would stay there till her departure every morning. I knew she didn't want to go even today, but God won't fulfill this desire. He, himself, had written down this fate for us and we had to live with it.
Morning, an optimistic moment for many, was scarred with the harsh truth for me, and it was coming. In spite of the pain caused by the sorrowful departure, we knew that it had significance for us or God would never let it happen at all. That longing was an inevitable ingredient of our love that gave it life! It was the reason for us not to take each other for granted, and now it's time had arrived.
"Look at the weather!" she said out of a sudden, "Looks like it will rain today!" I just nodded. I didn't care! I was busy staring at her beautiful face and capturing it in my mind. Her memory would be my only source of support for the whole day after she would be gone. Just a few more moments before that would happen, I knew. 
I hugged her tighter and told her to take care. She smiled and said that I should wait for her. "Of course, I will!" I exclaimed. I had done it every day and would always continue to!
"I love you, Leaf!" she said softly. "I love you more, Dewdrop." I answered. She appeared to be blushing bright red as she reflected back the sun rays.

"Don't fall for any raindrop!" she warned me. I laughed. "Oh! They can never beautify me like you do." I spoke passionately but she was already gone.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT GOD PREACHED (A Conversation With God)

Friends for Life…

A Battle Against The Downpour